Friday, February 16, 2007

Someday we'll be home.

Dear Friend
“Someday we’ll be home.”
God challenges you and me to live in the opposite way this world lives; counter culture. What others value, we don’t. What others have as their goals, we don’t. And I know you are as OK with that as I am. We’re different and that just has to be ok. This life is just a journey in which we’re supposed to touch as many lives as we can and show them a good example of God’s love by the way we live. It’s a difficult journey sometimes and sometimes it feels long. Remember the saying “He ain’t heavy. He’s my brother.” That’s what this journey is like. We can do this because of whose we are.
And someday we’ll be home. And it will all be worth it. And you and I will be together there and it will be HOME. Home is where you feel like you belong. You’re with the people you love and they all love you. There’s an abundance of kindness and patience, depth and sincerity. But beyond all that, it’s where we’ll finally see Jesus face to face (I can hardly write those words comfortably because I know I am not worthy).
For now tho, it’s all about the waiting and how we’ll do that. I’ll pray for your waiting and you pray for mine.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment