Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Best Gift I Could Give You

www.blurty.com

My primary interest in the previous story (Chapter 9 “Give Them an Impression of Who I Am” from the book Bread That is Broken by van Breemen S.J.) is the issue of getting to know Jesus. “You must waste time in prayer” the author writes. To spend time with Jesus is the only way to get to know him.

Hang out with Jesus. Watch him. Watch how me moves, what he says, how he acts. You can examine him in the New Testament or in you own life. You can try to imagine what Jesus did during the hidden years of his life, those non recorded years. You can look at Jesus’ actions in the church. I like to contemplate his face. I probe into his relationship with his mother and his father. The more time you spend with anyone, the better you get to know them.

2 Cor 3:18 How can we reflect what isn’t seen?
Phil 3:7 Why would we want to miss out on a supreme advantage?

I pray Ephesians 1:17 for you. It’s the best gift you can give someone, so…



I ask God to give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation to you may know him better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment