Sunday, May 07, 2006

MEDITATION: SITTING ON MY FATHER'S LAP

What if I had the opportunity to greet God as children greet their father who came home from work at the end of the day?
I DO.

Father God, I missed you today. Will you stay home with me tonight? Don't leave me. Stay here and let me sit in you lap while you rest. I won't bother you, really!
My Father God's big strong hands grab me around my waist and lift me up. At that moment, nothing else matters. There's nowhere else I'd rather be. There's something very secure about being held by God my Father's big, strong hands.
"I'll protect you. You won't get hurt. You'll be safe. I have a good hold on you and I'm not letting go."
I feel carefree, safe and ready for anything. My Father God's big strong hands lift me high into the air. Just for a moment He holds me there and I feel I am taller than the earth. My world looks so different from up here. I am above it all. It can't reach me or bother me. I can look down and see my Father's eyes staring at my face. His smile is as big as my own. What can the world do to me?

After a few moments, my Father God slowly brings me down. I'm nearly level to the earth again but now it's different somehow. God and I had conquered it for a moment. We had risen above it - above the earth and all its problems and distractions. But God, my Father doesn't put me on the floor. He brings me to sit on His lap. God is my big, strong protective Father and He wants me to sit on His lap and rest for a while. He holds me tight and whispers in my ear, "I love you. You are my own very special child." As I rest there, I feel refreshed and warm and comforted. There are many things I want to share with God, my Father, and I begin to tell Him those things now in a private conversation with Him.


My words slowly come to an end and so does my special time with my Father God. I tell Him He is the best Father anyone could have and that I love Him. I thank Him for spending this quiet time with His child. I look forward to the rest of my day knowing my Father God's strong hands will protect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment