Sunday, July 03, 2011

Spiritual Sayings That Make You Go “Hmmmm”…(2)

1. Paul was a contemplative.  Prayer for him was reporting for orders on where to go, how long to stay there, what to do and what to say.                                   (2 Cor 2 and Contact With God by Anthony DeMello, S.J. ) sounds like a good idea to me.


2.  Integrity is being the person you are meant to be- not the person you'd like to be or the person you believe you are.  To be a person of integrity you must be true to being the
person God created you to be.  And you must be the same person if anyone or no one is watching.  If each of us lived that virtue always and in all ways we could change the world.                     (Jesus, CEO by Laura Beth Jones)  wow- tough one!


3.  I am always aware of my own poverty and my needs before God.  I have to ask for everything and God always answers prayer.  My life, therefore, should be one of gratitude.      (Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton)


4.  In the end we will all be left speechless.                              (Thoughts in Solitude by Thomas Merton)




5..  I am accepted by God as I am and not as I should be.                   (Bread That Is Broken)  thank you Jesus!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment