Monday, August 18, 2008

Let Go


“A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day the seed sprouts and grows tho he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain.” Mark 4:28
The growth of the Kingdom is ultimately in God’s hands.

If I thought that by buying or planting the seed I owned the seed and I could force it to make what I wanted it to make I’d certainly be wrong. All I did was put God’s creation in a certain place. All by itself the seed does what it does. In this case, all the man did was to scatter the seed on the ground and collect what it grew. He probably presumed he grew the resulting fruit.
This says to me….Let Go. Do what you’re supposed to do and step back. Don’t take credit for the fruit produced. Its God’s creation. Relax. The growth is ultimately in God’s hands. Whether we’re talking about zucchini, relationships or the kingdom of God on earth that will still be true~

No comments:

Post a Comment