Thursday, April 19, 2007

Enduring Joy


Endurance: the ability to make it to the end. To plow thru all the little things that get in the way precisely because of the value of the goal. To examine a goal, determine it to be worth any price and work toward its achievement accepting any sacrifice.

Enduring Joy: not just when the spring pastel colors arrive on the scene, nor the chocolate and butterflies. Words like constancy, loyalty and faithfulness come to mind. Joy that comes from Christ is that which endures, i.e, rises to the surface in the face of any obstacle. It is not to say that human emotions disappear or should be denied. While on the cross Jesus did say "My God why have you abandoned me?" Rather enduring joy give us strength to go beyond the natural human reaction~ in time~ and move to a place of peace with God. The gift of joy comes from the knowledge that God is love and that He chose you and me to be the object of His love despite our unworthiness. When I accept the gift of joy from God I commit to daily being faithful to Him and to His relationship with me until the end, overcoming any obstacle.
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Rms 8:18
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil3:4
also see Phil 4: 4-7

I wish you joy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Once, while undergoing some terrible trials, a priest said to me,"Right now,you ARE Jesus on the cross saying,"My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?". It helped me to see things in a different perspective. It helps me through troubles still!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful thought. God blessed you through that person!

    ReplyDelete