Friday, April 07, 2006

letter to you from Jesus

My dear friends,
Before all of you were born, I knew we would be sharing this evening together. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time and I am so happy that it is finally happening. There are so many things I have wanted to tell you about my love for you. I needed this moment to gather you all together so I could have your full attention. Please listen to what I have to say to you. I have asked my Father, the Holy Spirit and many of my angels to be in this room with me to help you understand my message. I want to speak to your heart and to your heart alone. I am waiting at the entrance to your heart. I am at the door. It is up to you to let Me in.
Can you remember the time you took your first two steps? I can because I was with you. Oh, you were scared all right. With your baby way of thinking it was much safer to crawl than to try to walk. It was a lot faster, too. When you crawled, you could visit every room in your house. But trying to get to one place from another on just two legs...how could you manage such a stupendous achievement? And what if you fall down and break your nose? And what if your family laughs at your clumsiness? And what if you never learn to do it right? Such was the beginning of your fears, remember? Even so--even with all those anxieties hovering over you--you set your face steadfastly toward the arms that were waiting for you and you mastered the most difficult art of walking on your own two legs. See how well it turned out! You still know how to do it! Aren't you glad you trusted life? Aren't you glad you tried--even though you were frightened at the same time?
Then came other challenges. Can you remember how you met them? Do you remember the people I sent into your life to help you? Think about all of the good things that have happened to you. It is the story of your life at its best.
There were other times too. No one in all of creation has ever said life would be fair. I know and I understand and I still feel what it's like when your world turns against you. In the Garden of Gethsemane, everyone turned against me that night. Everyone. All of my followers left me and ran away. Peter did exactly what he said he wouldn't do. I called Judas, friend, when he approached Me.
That night, I looked to my friends, and my friends did not look back. Where there is opportunity for love, there is opportunity for hurt. I know you have been hurt. That's why I so deeply desire to speak to your heart tonight. I love you more than you will ever understand on this earth. Your mind and your heart cannot contain the depth of my love for you. Please believe me, I love you. I chose to die for you because I love you. I was surrounded by enemies and betrayed by friends, because I love you. I was abandoned on this earth because I love you. Are you slowly beginning to understand when I say to you, I love you? All I ask is that you love me too. I want you to keep your eyes on me when all of earth begins to turn against you. My father's loyalty to me is my Father's loyalty to you. When all of earth turns against you, all of heaven turns toward you. You are not walking alone. I promised you that I would always be with you. Stand on that promise. I have given you myself in the Eucharist. Please allow me to enter your heart. I left you my body and my blood. It is my most precious gift to you. Please do not reject me again. I want to live within you and help you to trust me and have confidence in me. You cannot do that on your own. I am here to help you. I am begging you to love me. There is nothing more that I can do. It is your choice to put me first in your life. And until you make that decision, I will wait and I will wait. And my friend, I will never stop loving you...
Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment