Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thoughts from The Shack

Papa (God the Father) meets us at The Shack. It's the icon of our deepest pain. p. 67

Doing what you feel obligated to do doesn't get you any points. p. 91

I want to heal the wound that has grown inside you and between us. p. 94

When all you can see is your pain, perhaps you lose sight of me. p. 98

"Jesus, I feel lost."
"I'm sorry it feels that way, but hear me clearly; you are not lost. I am with you. "p. 116

Submission isn't about authority or obedience; it's about relationships of love and respect. p.147

Knowing someone makes your love for them grow. Love is the skin of knowing. p. 157

Sometimes we grow up on the outside and we keep our monsters inside because we believe they are safer there. But the monsters are all waiting for the chance to come out. Return to God and learn to live loved. p. 177

It's extremely hard to rescue someone unless they are willing to trust you. p. 182

Where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors. p. 188

No comments:

Post a Comment