Monday, October 15, 2007

Distrust Yourself

…and trust in God. I’m learning how useless I am without God’s grace. I cannot even keep the promises I make to God without His grace. And when I fail I cannot right things without His forgiveness. On my own I am helpless. I don’t mind admitting that, in fact, I need to confess it more than I do. I’m so dependent that I don’t care about my own weaknesses. What should I expect? In God alone I should have confidence. And with His grace alone can I improve.

The more upset I get about my own failures the more self dependent I am.”
Fr. Lorenzo Scupoli
We are too apt to overestimate our own abilities.” Fr. J.P. de Caussade
http://www.aquinasandmore.com/index.cfm/author/Lorenzo-Scupoli/FuseAction/store.AuthorSearch/Author/482/inde

No comments:

Post a Comment